Jefferson Medical College So. Tenth Street
Exterior view of Ely Building, constructed in 1829. Image shows Tenth Street facade after the 1845 alterations, designed by architect Napoleon LeBrun (1821-1901), in which a six-columned portico, entablature, pediment, and marble base were added. Building was demolished sometime between 1898 and 1907. Image includes shop of H. Hochstrasser, bell hanger and architectural carver.