The United States Mint, Chestnut Street at Juniper
View showing the second mint building at 1331-1337 Chestnut Street (northwest corner of Juniper and Thirteenth streets) completed in 1833 after the designs of William Strickland and possibly John Haviland. Includes adjacent fenced lot lined with barrels of minted coins and partial view of neighboring building. Also shows a man standing in the entranceway of the building. The mint operated at the site until 1902 when the mint relocated and the building was razed.