Jayne Building, 242-244 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia
View looking southwest showing the building built 1849-1850 for David Jayne, chemist and manufacturer of patent medicines, after the designs of William Johnston and Thomas Ustick Walter. Building includes the six story wings built 1851 after the designs of Walter (238-40 and 246 Chestnut Street). Signage advertising "Importer of German Woolens" adorns the building. Also shows adjacent businesses including Goodyear's rubber warehouse (226 Chestnut) and the newspaper publishing office, the Public Ledger Building (300 Chestnut).